Day 6 What are they actually learning? I feel like I have often thought this question over and over and over after we dove into homeschooling. But, to be honest, I know I asked that question before we jumped into educating our munchkins at home. Back story: When we lived in Colorado we had Malachi and Rachel enrolled in a wonderful charter school that was incredible! When the Lord called us to sell our home and move to San Diego for a discipleship school, I really had no idea we would end up homeschooling...NO IDEA! It was not on my radar. I had a very wrong perspective of homeschooling and the children that came out of it. So because Aaron would attend the school in the morning for 5+ hours and I would then go to the night class I knew I wouldn't see my kids, so the best option was home school. I can tell you this...it was so hard! Trying to figure out what they needed to learn; what kind of math, what English, how to do P.E. at home?? HA! It was a rough sta...
Day 3 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval. -John 6:27 Come into my kitchen. Come to a place that I used to find so peaceful and so restful. Especially for a person God gave hands that find joy in the preparation of food. This sweet moment captures Rachel's 8th birthday. And that little munchkin at the bottom found his 2nd favorite place to hang out....in the kitchen watching our Haitian cook prepare food. Mainly because she fell in love with him and Isaiah and kept giving them bites:) This kitchen took months and months to make it feel like I could cook anything. It was so super challenging to have hired someone to cook for our family. For so many reasons! An area of my thoughts and expectations had not been dealt with until we began life in Haiti. That area was the beliefs I had, as to what an overs...
Day 5 There is no doubt in my mind that one of my favorite things to do in Haiti was ride a moto! Motorcycles are the main form of motorized transportation in our town. For the first 9 months in Haiti we didn't have a vehicle. It really made life interesting. We became used to the walks down the mountain when teams came to visit. I think the most fun was wondering how many eggs would crack riding on the moto to our home....hmmm, let me show you what most of the road looks like to our home...some places are worse:) We have tons of absolutely crazy stories from traveling in Haiti. I hope I get to take you guys along some of those rides. INSANE and so Indiana Jones-ish....if that's a word? In the fun of not having a vehicle we would find ourselves pretty stranded, often. In most cases we would be ok. On one special day we had gotten our family ready for the adventure of walking to Lindsay's place. I believe we intended to try to find 2 motorcycles to split ou...
Comments